Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm Impulsive

It's true.
I jump into ideas having only taken a few minutes/hours/days to briefly look into the facts about something before I've purchased it, or begun suchandsuch. In fact, its a very good thing we don't have money because I might be tempted to spend more of it on bigger things rather than small splurges of pretended new obsessions.

And running barefoot/with my Vibrams is no different. I spent an evening at a friend's and talked the shoes over for about an hour; took a quick run around the block in a pair; bought a pair the next day.

That said, some part of me wants to scream that this time I'll be different. This time I will be committed. But not even 48 hours after buying my Vibrams I am sabbotaging myself by eating too much and gaining back every ounce I lost over the past week of dieting and exercising.

Why do I do that to myself? I don't know. But perhaps barefoot running will help me in the process. This is going to be my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment