Monday, November 8, 2010

Another Recipe (kind of)

I like to experiment with food. I also like to use what I have on hand. Those two thoughts combined, made this wonderful concoction tonight.



I used some of the remaining garden fresh tomatoes (they have been sitting on my counter for weeks slowly turning from green to red).

I started by cutting about 12+ medium tomatoes and adding them to a pot with about 3 cups of water, 2 TBS garlic powder, 1 1/2 TBS Italian Seasoning and 1 tsp salt. While these ingredients cooked, I brought another pot of water to full boil and cooked the tortellini to tender. I simmered the tomatoes in the pot until tender then transferred the liquid to my blender. Once thoroughly mixed I placed soup back in pot and turn burner to low, and added the last of this year's cilantro (about 1 TBS) I might add a little less because the flavor was strong, but I still like it. And Added the juice from 1/2 a lime (again you could add less). Once soup has cooled some, add 1 cup kefir and stir in. Remove from heat. Add cooked and strained tortellini.
Enjoy! So good! I'm gonna go have another bowl. Shhh... don't tell.


Oh, and I promise I will get to why I don't use the microwave. I just have so much going on right now and so many different thoughts for other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment