Wednesday, November 10, 2010

That's Souper

The one thing I love about staying in cold Wyoming through one more winter is the opportunity to create lots and lots of delicious soup. And here is yet another idea. I am so sorry that I don't have real recipes.

8-10 medium potatoes ( I used my little spuds and had to double that at least) chopped and placed in pot.
Add water until just covering the potatoes.
Add 2 Tbs garlic powder (or more to taste)
Add juice from 1 lime
Add about 1 Tbs salt
Cover and boil over medium heat
Once potatoes are tender, pour potatoes and water into blender and blend thoroughly.
While still in blender, add 1 Tbs cilantro (or more to taste) and either 1 can green chiles or roasted red peppers. I added the red peppers.
Blend just enough to chop mixture, but not puree.
Add mixture back into pot and taste. Make any adjustments necessary. Once suitable, remove from heat and add 1/2 cup sour cream (or kefir) and stir in. Serve with quesadillas. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment