Thursday, August 19, 2010

Neat Sites

My Nike+ has been a pain in the patootie lately. Every time I run the distance is inaccurate. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE hearing that little voice tell me how far I've come, what my average pace is and how much more I have to go. I just wish I knew exactly how much that REALLY was. Well, I used the mapit portion of the site tonight and checked out my runs. That is a pretty cool feature.

And I found similar sites to share with you all since you probably don't have a Nike+.

Check 'em out.

http://www.mapmyrun.com

http://gmap-pedometer.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jamie! I noticed my runs were suddenly inaccurate. I tried to calibrate the ipod but had no such luck. It appears that my receiver that plugged into the ipod was defective. I had to buy a new one. You may consider just trying to calibrate it. Hasn't it been over a year that you've had it? I don't know how long they are supposed to last but mine lasted through my marathon training (400+ miles). I wasn't too disappointed when I had to replace it but then again...distance/value. hmmm. let me know what you find out. That feature is the best part of running (for me). BTW...we did 18 miles on the Jordan river parkway last Saturday and there was this girl running bare foot. We thought of you. :)

    ReplyDelete